xml validation and &amp entity

From: Raphael Summers
Subject: xml validation and &amp entity
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:14:38 +0100

Hi,

It appears that my simple xml document cannot validate successfully on typing
C-c C-v.

It complains as follows:

nsgmls:fos_human.xml:7:54:E: general entity "amp" not defined and no default
entity

I am under the impression that I should not have to define &amp (&apos also
does not appear to work). Why is it not able to detect the defaults entities?
Am I inadvertently missing a line of code? The xml code parses correctly on
Mozilla and the ampersands appear. Additionally, my xml validates
successfully at http://www.stg.brown.edu/services/xmlvalid

Please reply to my own email address.

Thanks in advance,

Raphael Summers.