RE: fringes

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: fringes
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:11:04 -0500

In Emacs 21.1 and later fringes are narrow bands on both edges of the frame in
which are displayed line wrapping information (there may be other information
displayed there but I do not know what it would be, I am not a developer of
emacs) in the form of curved arrows.  From what has been said in this list
previously they cannot be disabled.  You may want to check the list archives
for more specific details.

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    HP - NonStop Enterprise Division - Software Product Assurance
.    Austin, TX
. Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
. Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire.          -Dr. George W. Crane-