Re: automatic indentation in C,C++ modes

From: Tony Harbin
Subject: Re: automatic indentation in C,C++ modes
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:30:46 -0500

No go.  I've inserted these commands into my .emacs file, but still, when I type
a "(", the line gets re-indented.  Also, when I do a "C-h k (", the key is still
described as running c-electric-paren.

I had this behavior turned off in an older version on Solaris, but the methods
that I used there no longer work.  The best solution would be to remap the
'(', '{', ':', and '/' keys to simple self-insert-command functions.  I have a
particular indentation style that is common where I work and I *hate* some
software trying to enforce it's own style.

Any other suggestions?  Thanks in advance.