Re: automatic indentation in C,C++ modes

From: Greg Hill
Subject: Re: automatic indentation in C,C++ modes
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:47:33 -0700

Tony,

It just takes more of the same, e.g.:

(add-hook 'c-mode-hook
         (function (lambda ()
                 (substitute-key-definition
                 'c-indent-command 'self-insert-command c-mode-map)
                 (substitute-key-definition
                 'c-electric-paren 'self-insert-command c-mode-map))))

M-x apropos
        c-electric

will give you a list of all the c-electric- commands. Just use substitute-key-definition in your c-mode-hook and c++-mode-hook lambdas to replace any of them that you don't want with self-insert-command. If you want to keep the automatic indentation performed by the TAB key and ditch only the "electric" stuff, then just leave the substitution for c-indent-command out of your lambdas.

--Greg