Problem with colors in emacs

From: Dimitar Haralanov
Subject: Problem with colors in emacs
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:58:41 -0700

        Hi all,

        I have been having a problem with emacs and its colors. I upgraded to
version 20.7.1 and that is when it started happening. Unfortunately,
along with emacs, I upgraded quite a few other packages, so I am not
sure whether the problem isn't in one of them.  I have attached a couple
of screen shots so you can see what is happening. As you can see, if the
text does not have coloring it appears on a white background.

        Here is the command line that I am using:
        emacs -fn 6x13 -bg black -fg white -cr red -ms yellow

        Please, let me know if you have any ideas about this?

        Thanx

     __  __  __________________ _________
    /  |/  |/  /__/__   ___/  |/  /     /      Dimitar Haralanov
   /          /  /  /  /  /      /  /  /       Software Engineer
  /   /   /  /  /  /  /  /  /\  \  /  /        Tahoe Networks
 /___/___/__/__/  /__/  /__/  |__|___/         mitko@tahoenetworks.com

"Don't discount flying pigs before you have good air defense."
-- jvh@clinet.FI

    /  |/  |/  /__/__   ___/  |/  /     /      Dimitar Haralanov
   /          /  /  /  /  /      /  /  /       Software Engineer
  /   /   /  /  /  /  /  /  /\  \  /  /        Tahoe Networks
 /___/___/__/__/  /__/  /__/  |__|___/         mitko@tahoenetworks.com

No one knows like a woman how to say things that are at once gentle and
deep.           -- Hugo