how many Alt behave like Ctrl in .emacs???

From: Chris Seberino
Subject: how many Alt behave like Ctrl in .emacs???
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:53:33 -0800

How can I make Alt behave like Ctrl key???
I have lots of commands like C-z, C-v, etc.
and Alt-z, Alt-v would be convenient in some cases
if possible.  Can I do this in .emacs???

(I DID do a "keyboard-translate" in .emacs that
works great, but, DOES NOT WORK with -nw switch which by
passes X Windows.  Can I make all this stuff
be X Windows indepedent so works w/ and w/o -nw somehow???)

Thanks in advance,

Chris
| Dr. Christian Seberino  || (619) 553-7940  (office) |
| SPAWARSYSCEN 2733       ||                          |
| 53560 HULL ST           ||                          |
| SAN DIEGO CA 92152-5001 || seberino@spawar.navy.mil |