Re: put a text property in position 0

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: put a text property in position 0
Date: 03 Oct 2001 18:28:33 +0900

Juan Leon Lahoz Garcia <juan-leon.lahoz@tecsidel.es> writes:
> I can do a "(put-text-property 1 2 `read-only t)" to avoid inserting
> anything between the first and the second chars in a buffer.
>
> But, how can I do to avoid inserting anything before the first char?

      (put-text-property 1 2 'front-sticky t)
      (put-text-property 1 2 'read-only t)

[it's necessary to add the `front-sticky' property first, because
otherwise the read-only property will prevent you from adding it!]

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that