Re: No one can solve terminal settings v. Emacs conflicts???!!!?!?!?

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: No one can solve terminal settings v. Emacs conflicts???!!!?!?!?
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 20:03:58 +0200

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:45:40 -0700, Chris Seberino <seberino@spawar.navy.mil>
wrote:

> the problem of using Emacs remotely without
> conflicting with all the terminal settings.
> (See stty -a output.)

Can you post concrete examples of the problems ?

I installed Emacs on several sites where the users work solely on non
X terminals (various VT emulators) and have NO problems at all.

I myself run emacs thru Cygwin ported SSH both on console window
(TERM=cygwin) and rxvt (TERM=xterm) and I have NO problems.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-7966-561 Fax: +972-3-7966-667   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign