Re: Copying minibuffer contents

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Copying minibuffer contents
Date: 19 Jun 2001 10:16:32 +0200

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Lord Emsworth wrote:

> Is it possible to copy the contents of the minibuffer and then paste
> them somewhere? Also, is it possible to copy into memory the name of
> the current buffer/file being visited?

I think in Emacs 20 you can only access the minibuffer sans prompt,
but in Emacs 21 you can also access the prompt.

> Basically, I need to be able to run "pwd" and copy and paste its
> results into another file.

That's the echo area, not the minibuffer.  Messages printed will
appear in the *Messages* buffer in Emacs 20 and later.  I think the
buffer is *Message-Log* or somesuch in XEmacs, maybe with a leading
space.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory