Re: Message at emacs startup on HP

From: Juha Siltala
Subject: Re: Message at emacs startup on HP
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:32:27 +0300

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, WALMSLEY.Charly wrote:

> Hi,
>       Just stating with emacs on HP.  I have it on an HP-UX 11.OO box and
> also on an HP-UX 10.20 machine.  I'm starting it by simply invoking emacs
> (without giving a file name or any options).  On both boxes I get a message
> "Warning: Lisp directory `/opt/emacs/share/emacs/20.7/leim' does not exist."
>
> and, as the actrice said to the bishop, it's true, the directory does not
> exist.
> I'm wondering, is this serious?  What should be in this directory?
>       Can anybody shed any light here?  Really would be very greatfull.

Not to worry. "leim" refers to the lisp sources for emacs. I don't know
why emacs wants to search the dir - check the startup files to see if
perhaps your .emacs file wants to load it. Someone will, I'm sure, help
you get rid of the message.

> (I'm of course chasing after HP on this question.)

Well, good luck on that! ;-) I've called them myself sometime :-(

J. Siltala