Ediff

From: Shai Kamin
Subject: Ediff
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:46:22 +0200

Hi all,

When using Ediff to compare two files, the file names don't appear in the
modelines of the two windows (or anywhere else). Only the buffer names appear
in the modelines, and those only give the short file names (i.e. without full
path). So when comparing two files with identical names but on different paths,
it's hard to tell which is in window A and which is in B.
Any suggestions, anyone?

Tnx,
        Shai.

-----------------------------------
Shai Kamin, mailto:ShaiK@radlan.com
RADLAN Ltd.,  http://www.radlan.com
Phone:               +972-3-7657936
Fax:                 +972-3-6487368

"I [..] am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my
computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good
ten seconds to do by hand. Ten seconds, I tell myself, is ten seconds. Time is
valuable and ten seconds' worth of it is well worth the investment of a day's
happy activity working out a way to save it."
 -- Douglas Adams, "Last Chance To See"