Re: Question On Emacs

From: Malik Coates
Subject: Re: Question On Emacs
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 08:53:35 -0700

Hi Antonis,
  I believe what you are looking for are the TAGS functions,
You will need to run etags on all the .c/.h files you have and concatenate output into a TAGS file. Hit M-. to go to a function. If you want to search for something throughout all of your files you can use M-,

Antonis Matsakas wrote:

Hi
I am a SW engineer starting using gnu emacs for the last 1 month. I have the
following question.
Can you have links in gnu emacs.
For example: the line where a function is called can link to the function
body regardless if it's in the same file or not?

i.e. Let's say can the following line (standard C code):
        if (dosomething() == True){
link to the function body:
Boolean dosomething()
{
function body
}
Am asking this because in this way I am able to visit large piece of code
(in the same or different modules
Thanks

Regards, Andonis Matsakas
SW Engineer