help-gnats

Re: Suggestions from a new GNATS/gnatsweb user

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: Suggestions from a new GNATS/gnatsweb user
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:53:44 -0600

"William M. (Mike) Miller" <address@hidden>  wrote:
> We've just switched to GNATS from a proprietary defect tracking
> system, and I wanted to share some observations and suggested
> changes that came out of that experience.

Thanks for the suggestions!  As you said, all of these are applicable
to Gnatsweb.  You could send a bug report in for each enhancement with
the patch as inline text to address@hidden, as is
detailed on the GNATS project page.  I don't personally have commit
access to the gnatsweb CVS repository, as it is technically a sister
project to GNATS.  Yarin can help you out with that.

Alternatively, you could submit patches to the Savannah site for
Gnatsweb.

Again, thanks for the suggestions!  I personally would love to see
something done with the whole return_url handling.  Apache doesn't
like the length of it at all.  I believe I ripped it out in our
installation as well because of this.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/