[Help-glpk] Use of GLPK with other software

From: Federico Miyara
Subject: [Help-glpk] Use of GLPK with other software
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 04:15:21 -0300

Hi,

I've just subscribed to this list. My field is acoustics and I plan to use the solver to optimize combinations of sounds to comply with certain constraints for their use in experiments. The problem boils down to a mixed integer linear programming case.

I would like to know if it is possible to call this library from mathematical software such as Scilab or Octave (or Matlab). I could prepare the input data within the Scilab environment, then I would need to call the solver and finally retrieve the solutions for further use within the Scilab environment.

I'm working with version 6.0.1 of Scilab on Windows 7 and I've downloaded the most recent version of GLPK.

In case it is possible, what steps should I follow to "make it happen"?

Is it necessary to compile the library? How?

As my knowledge of C is quite elementary, any practical hint regarding the shortest path towards my goal (including readings) will be appreciated.

Regards,

Federico Miyara
Argentina

Libre de virus. www.avast.com