Re: [Help-glpk] Is it possible to feed glpsol with a feasible initial so

From: Alejandro Pascual
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Is it possible to feed glpsol with a feasible initial solution to a MIP problem?
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 21:19:39 -0300

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for your quick reply, I'm still a beginner with GLPK and
haven't noticed the -w and --ini options.

I've tried the --fpump option with no success (even after waiting for
days), and after your suggestion, the --proxy option with 5400 seconds
without success either. I attach the model and data files. Setting the
binary variables to one, glpsol can find a feasible solution.

Now I'am trying the -w, --ini sequence of two consecutive glpsol
executions (-w to save the solution obtained with the binary variables
set to one, and --ini to feed this solution as a feasible solution to
the original MIP problem). After the LP relaxation, the second
execution is warning me: basis matrix is ill-conditioned (cond =
3.27e+13). I guess the instance of the problem is just too hard, but I
am not sure if the integer optimization stage is actually using the
feasible solution I intended to provide. ¿How should I understand the
attached log file?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Alejandro