Re: [Help-glpk] glpk 4.60 pre-release information

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpk 4.60 pre-release information
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 17:04:17 +0300

Hi Heinrich,

> src/Makefile
>
>  22 libglpk_la_LDFLAGS = \
>  23 -version-info 40:1:0 \
>
> This version-info cannot be correct as you introduced GLP_RT_FLIP since
> glpk-4.59 which had version-info = '40:0:0'.

Thank you for your comment. Do you mean that the correct version-info
must be 41:0:0 ?

> Cf.
> https://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/html_node/Updating-version-info.html

This document is not quite clear. I don't completely understand what is
"any interfaces". Is a new macro GLP_RT_FLIP "any interfaces"? In my
understanding adding an "interface" is adding a new API routine. Imagine
that there is a routine foo(int k) that accepts k = 0, 1, 2, and now I
claim that its new version also accepts k = 3. Have "any interface" been
added ?

Best,

Andrew Makhorin