Re: [Help-glpk] glpk 4.59.2 non-official test release

From: Chris Matrakidis
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpk 4.59.2 non-official test release
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 13:19:59 +0200

Andrew,

> I see. Which glpsol options are you using? I'm unable to reproduce this
> effect with just --proxy:

No other options. This happens with a 32 bit compile of glpsol using
"-msse3 -mfpmath=sse" with or without optimisations (up to -O2). I
tried with normal x87 compilation and it continues without cycling. I
also upgraded gcc to 4.9.3 without any change.

Another thing that I noticed (but is probably normal behaviour) is
that --proxy takes some time to find a solution when compiled with
optimisations and x87 floating point, where using only --bestp a first
solution is found quickly with both sse and x87 floating point.

Best Regards,

Chris Matrakidis