[Help-glpk] NoSuchMethodError

From: Jeremy Chacon
Subject: [Help-glpk] NoSuchMethodError
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 16:09:08 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to use a java program that uses glpk-java to run glpk. When I run the program, I get a NoSuchMethodError error:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.gnu.glpk.GLPK.init_glpk()

I know that glpk and glpk-java are installed, because if I run glpsol --version, it tells me 4.52. Also, if I do the "hello world"-type java program (described here https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Java) it also runs and still tells me 4.52.

I'm using Ubuntu 15.04.

I've messed with many things in my .bashrc and in the script that starts up the java program, to no avail.

My only current thought is that there is a version issue:  the program I'm using was written using glpk version 4.47, whereas I installed 4.52.

Is there no method called init_glpk() in version 4.52? Or is there any other hint any of you might have?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Jeremy

Jeremy M. Chacon, Ph.D.

Post-Doctoral Associate, Harcombe Lab