Re: [Help-glpk] Applying a threshold to the solution using GMPL?

From: Reginald Beardsley
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Applying a threshold to the solution using GMPL?
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 11:18:47 -0800 (PST)

Michael,

I've been  hoping it can be done with binary variables in GMPL as I'm still
trying to refine the problem statement.  I'd like to be confident it's a good
choice before coding it. I'd also like to improve my grasp of expressing
problems in GMPL.  I started out using CPLEX format and switching to GMPL has
been a huge improvement when trying to explore various problem formulations.

With a two step solution if i set the weights to 0 or 1 I can probably get what
I want by light editing of the data file using awk to add the weighting array.
Not perhaps as elegant as solving in a single step, but it would allow using a
pure LP solution and avoid the performance hit that a MIP formulation implies.
Until I read your suggestion I'd been thinking along the lines of writing a
whole new data file which was pretty painful to contemplate.

Thanks again,
Reg