[Help-glpk] [Fwd: read.me]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: read.me]
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:40:31 +0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: robin hankin <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: read.me
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:26:28 +1300

Hello.   glpk is awesome; keep it up!

There is no "read.me" file in the examples section, and I wasted  quite
a long time fiddling about
getting the examples to work [I am a mathematician but not a programmer]

It is not immediately obvious how to run sudoku.mod, for example.  A
short sentence or two
in a read.me file would have saved me a lot of googling and frustration.

How about this for a first suggestion:

<suggested file contents>

To run these examples, you need to install the package (see the INSTALL
file),
then type

"glpsol -m sudoku.mod"

on the command line.  You may find that installing with

"./configure --disable-shared ; make; sudo make install"

avoids some commonly-encountered errors.

</suggested file contents>

OK, I know that this might look blindingly obvious; but it wasn't
obvious to me earlier today.

best wishes

--
Robin Hankin