Re: [Help-glpk] Specify feasible solution for LP

From: Kevin Hunter
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Specify feasible solution for LP
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 22:48:33 -0400

At 3:02pm -0400 Mon, 08 Oct 2012, Raphael Clifford wrote:
Is it possible to explicitly set a feasible solution when solving a
linear program in glpk? I would like to do this simply for speed
reasons as I always know a near optimal solution.

If you are using the API, then look at the GLPK docs (usually glpk.pdf), section "LP basis constructing routines".

You may also be interested in:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/API_usage#Prescribed_starts

If are using GMPL or the command line binary 'glpsol', then this is not possible. I do not know if there are any plans to make it possible.

Kevin