Re: [Help-glpk] Assertion failed: l[k] != -DBL_MAX, Error detected in fi

From: John Kalman
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Assertion failed: l[k] != -DBL_MAX, Error detected in file glpios02.c at line 312
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 09:42:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Robbie

thanks for the answer. I am actually solving a MIP (mixed integer program) with glpk, I checked all the inputs and constraints and they seem to be ok (the only constrain is of the form G*x<=h and all the control variables are binary), I do not have any explicit boundaries on the control variables (since all elements x_i of vector x can be only 0 or 1). I do not understand the meaning of the constant DBL_MAX and the meaning of the assertion l[k] != -DBL_MAX, perhaps I can just delete this assertion in the source code and recompile? What could go wrong?

regards,
John