[Help-glpk] [Fwd: No Memory Available Error]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: No Memory Available Error]
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 19:11:26 +0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Aly Megahed <address@hidden>
To: glpk xypron <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: No Memory Available Error
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:58:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi guys,

I have two questions:

I am trying to solve a model that I generate its data from Excel (connecting to
it through ODBC). After the model is generated, glpk terminates with a memory
error. The message is:

glp_malloc: no memory available
Error detercted in file ..\src\glpenv05.c at line 70.

Then, it terminates with a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library runtime error.

I am using glpk 32 bit on a 64 bit windows 7 machine, and I use a 32 bit Excel.
Any ideas how to get rid of this error? Seems like GLPK is not using all the
available memory, since I also did solve the same model on a machine with 50 GB
of Ram, and I still got the same error. Would using a 64 bit GLPK solve this?
And in such case, would it work with the 32 bit Excel? or how could I force
glpk in general to use all the available memory and solve this error?

2. Is there any way I can call CPLEX or Gurobi as the solver for the models I
generate on GLPK?

Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Aly