[Help-glpk] limit on the number of variables?

From: Michael Jastrzebski
Subject: [Help-glpk] limit on the number of variables?
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:56:41 -0700

I am using the lpx_simplex() and working with the problem that has over 1000 variables - but they are all binary.

I am finding that a smaller problem (say 50 variables) is getting correct solutions but my problem with 1000+ variables tells me that solution was found even though it is a wrong solution - it doesn't obey numerical constraints (bounds) on rows.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with limits on number of columns(variables) assuming they are binary.

Michael J.