Re: [Help-glpk] binary variables in CPLEX LP format

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] binary variables in CPLEX LP format
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 23:56:32 +0400

> the problem is i need that the Qi variable is binary is to say that
> their value is 0 or 1 and single that, not other.
>
> It thought when define a binary variable this only take 0 or 1 value,
> but some variables take 0.5 or 0.25 values.

Hm... Could you formulate your question more exactly? I solved your
instance without any problems:

Problem:
Rows:       8
Columns:    16 (16 integer, 16 binary)
Non-zeros:  32
Objective:  Z = 2.593322982 (MINimum) 2.513043478 (LP)

   No.   Row name        Activity     Lower bound   Upper bound
------ ------------    ------------- ------------- -------------
     1 n1                        111                     123.333
     2 n2                         85                     93.3333
     3 n3                          0                     63.3333
     4 n4                         60                     76.6667
     5 n5                          1             1             =
     6 n6                          1             1             =
     7 n7                          1             1             =
     8 n8                          1             1             =

   No. Column name       Activity     Lower bound   Upper bound
------ ------------    ------------- ------------- -------------
     1 Q1           *              0             0             1
     2 Q2           *              0             0             1
     3 Q3           *              0             0             1
     4 Q4           *              1             0             1
     5 Q5           *              0             0             1
     6 Q6           *              1             0             1
     7 Q7           *              0             0             1
     8 Q8           *              0             0             1
     9 Q9           *              1             0             1
    10 Q10          *              0             0             1
    11 Q11          *              0             0             1
    12 Q12          *              0             0             1
    13 Q13          *              1             0             1
    14 Q14          *              0             0             1
    15 Q15          *              0             0             1
    16 Q16          *              0             0             1

End of output