Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK Branch and Bound Documentation

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK Branch and Bound Documentation
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:32:42 +0400

> With the GLPK package I have received very good documentation on the
> Implementation of the Revised Simplex Method.
> Is it possible to receive the same kind of documentation on the
> implementation of the branch-and-bound method?
> For exemple I try to understand how the algorithm stop. Does is stop
> when we have find the optimal solution, or after x iterations, or if
> we are at x% of the optimal solution???

Probably you mean the documentation included in earliest versions of
the package (it was in 2000 or 2001). Please note that that
documentation is very obsolete and therefore useless. Unfortunately,
a similar description of the b&b method is not prepared yet, however,
I hope that the code has clear comments to understand its logic.

Normally the b&b method stops once the b&b tree has been completely
explored, i.e. all its nodes have been fathomed and pruned.

Andrew Makhorin