Re: [Help-glpk] Installing glpk with non-root user?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Installing glpk with non-root user?
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 06:34:27 +0400

>Can we install glpk locally as a non-root user so that we can use the
>glpk(-jni) libraries programatically? Basically we are develping a a
>middleware where we use glpk-jni interface and we want to deploy whole
>software as non-root user.

By default, 'make install' will install the package's files in
'usr/local/bin', 'usr/local/lib', etc. You can specify an installation
prefix other than '/usr/local' by giving 'configure' the option
'--prefix=PATH'. Alternately, you can do so by consistently giving a
value for the 'prefix' variable when you run 'make', e.g.

   make prefix=/usr/gnu
   make prefix=/usr/gnu install