RE: [Help-glpk] optimality tolerance

From: Ciyou Zhu
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] optimality tolerance
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:48:40 -0500

1.  All these parameters are explained in detail in GLPK documents.

2.  The solution time could range from few minutes (if not seconds) to few
days (if not longer) based on your parameter setting and the speed of your
machine.

3.  I have tried on even bigger problems, i.e. with around 1,000,000
variables/3000 constraints.  Version 3.2.3 begins to suffer from numerical
instability in the LP phase.  Version 4.4 seems suffer less.  But I haven't
had time to explore 4.4 further yet.

Ciyou Zhu
www.ece.nwu.edu/~ciyou