[Help-glpk] rapidity of solver

From: Nathalie Ouellet
Subject: [Help-glpk] rapidity of solver
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 00:13:14 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to solve a problem which is relatively big (with MIP). I programmed it in Mathprog and use glpk on Windows to solve it. The program has worked during 36 hours and never found an optimal MIP solution. I transfered the program in an .lp format and solved it on CPLEX and it found the solution in about 10 seconds. I want to know if it is possible to make glpk solve more quickly. I know that my program does not have any bug, that it is just a matter of complexity of the problem.. what can I do for glpk to solve it in a reasonable period of time??

Thank you,

Nathalie Ouellet
M.Sc. Student, HEC Montreal
address@hidden