[Help-glpk] want to know if a solution exists

From: Duilio Foschi
Subject: [Help-glpk] want to know if a solution exists
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 11:49:33 +0100

I have a large MIP problem.

If I feed it to GLPSOL, it will tale a few seconds to check if a
solution exists and forever to find the solution :)

I guess that the process would much more efficient this way:

1. GLPK library tells me if a feasible solution exists in a subset of
the input data (GLPK is much smarter than me in this)

2. I enlarge or cut the solution region (I guess I can do a better job
than GLPK, using algorithms specific for the current problem )

Can it be done ?

I looked to a library call that returns a feasibility answer, but I
could not find it.

Any hint ?

Regards

Duilio Foschi