Re: [Help-glpk] How can I judge that does a MIP problem has feasiable so

From: Brady Hunsaker
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] How can I judge that does a MIP problem has feasiable solution with GLPK quickly .
Date: 05 Feb 2004 10:21:14 -0500

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 09:51, zhouanshi wrote:
> Hi:
>
>       How can I judge that does a MIP problem has feasiable solution with
> GLPK quickly .
>
> thanks.
>
> zhouanshi.

There is no way to do this quickly.  Determining whether a MIP has a
feasible solution is NP-hard.

By making your objective vector all zeros, any solver (including GLPK)
will stop once it finds a feasible solution.  There may also be other
ways to indicate this, though I don't know of one for GLPK off the top
of my head.

If you want to have an objective vector, you can watch the progress
output reported by GLPK.  Read the reference manual for lpx_integer to
see how the output will indicate when it has found a feasible integer
solution.

Brady

--
Brady Hunsaker