help-global

Gtags does not find extern functions in header files (e.g., stdio.h)

From: R G
Subject: Gtags does not find extern functions in header files (e.g., stdio.h)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 18:36:54 +0100

Hello,

I am using Gnu Global 6.6.2 to generate tags from some files in `/usr/include`. I am also using Universal Ctags as a plugin.

When i try to execute `$ global fprintf`, the stdio.h header file does not appear.

Here is some information about what I am using:

`$ global --version
global (GNU GLOBAL) 6.6.2
Copyright (c) 1996-2017 Tama Communications Corporation
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software; you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.`

And Ctags version, for the sake of completeness:

`$ ctags --version
Universal Ctags 0.0.0(f9bbb35e), Copyright (C) 2015 Universal Ctags Team
Universal Ctags is derived from Exuberant Ctags.
Exuberant Ctags 5.8, Copyright (C) 1996-2009 Darren Hiebert
  Compiled: Sep  2 2018, 16:47:42
  Optional compiled features: +wildcards, +regex, +iconv, +option-directory, +xpath, +json, +interactive, +sandbox, +yaml`

And some relevant environment variables:

$GTAGSCONF=/usr/share/gtags/gtags.conf
$GTAGSLABEL=new-ctags
$GTAGSLIBPATH=/usr/include

I think this is enough information, I would appreciate some help!

Thank you,
Romeu