help-global

python and c++ support?

From: Brendan Miller
Subject: python and c++ support?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:46:10 -0800

I'm looking into various tagging systems for python and c++ to see
what will work best for me.

My first question is how good is the c++ support? A lot of C++
indexing packages don't really know how to parse c++, so they won't be
able to tell which version of a function I'm talking about, since
there are often many overloads, the same method in different classes,
etc. Any comments on what will cause ambiguity?

The other question is about whether I can get python support with this
as an adon or something?

Thanks,
Brendan