help-global

Fwd: How to make the CGI up and run in windows XP

From: Tao Wu
Subject: Fwd: How to make the CGI up and run in windows XP
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:46:24 +0800

Hi Group!

The same reason I sent this email again to the mailing list. Thanks!

 I have another question as the subject says. I have apache 2.0.63
 installed and run normally in my laptop. The OS is windows XP sp2.
 GLOBAL version is 5.6.1 windows version.

 According to GLOBAL tutorial, to have search and hypertext feature
 work, a CGI must be set with windows server. I have added text below
 to apache http.conf

 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/global/cgi-bin/"

 #
 # "C:/Apache2/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your ScriptAliased
 # CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.
 #
 <Directory "C:/global/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
 </Directory>

 However, I don't have much knowledge on CGI and web server. Tried
 google and reading, but still no solution. Would you shed me some
 light on this. How can I get the CGI run for this purpose.

 Thanks in advance!

 br,
  tao