help-global

Re: adding a new language to global

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: adding a new language to global
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 23:31:28 +0900

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 23:00:20 +0530
"Rustom Mody" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
> Note I have generated GTAGS and GRTAGS using regex specifications for
> ctags-exuberant but I guess that will not be much help? Or is it
> possible to convert ctags specs for global's use?

GLOBAL accept original ctags -x format.
An example for the converting is described in the gtags.conf in GLOBAL
package. If you make three parsers for three tag files (GTAGS, GRTAGS, GSYMS)
according to gtags-parser(1) then you can use all functions of global(1).

Please see the 'Plug-in parser' section of GLOBAL tutorial for the details.
However, because the document is insufficient, you might have to read the
source code of GLOBAL.
--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden> - GNU Project
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3