help-global

Help! Need to display shorter paths in emacs using gtags-mode...

From: Fredrik Ohrstrom
Subject: Help! Need to display shorter paths in emacs using gtags-mode...
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:11:01 +0100

My source code tree happens to be positioned far down
in the directory structure. So when I use M-x gtags-find-with-grep
is difficult to use because all lines begin with the same long path
I have to manually scroll right with emacs to see the end.

I have tried to use symbolic links to access the code tree, but
emacs/gtags is too clever, it finds out the true path anyway.

The emacs display looks like this:
semicolon         5       /deep/silly/path/that/I/cannot/do/anything/about->
semicolon         7       /deep/silly/path/that/I/cannot/do/anything/about->
semicolon         32     /deep/silly/path/that/I/cannot/do/anything/about->
semicolon         100   /deep/silly/path/that/I/cannot/do/anything/about->
semicolon         44     /deep/silly/path/that/I/cannot/do/anything/about->

Is there a way to only display relative paths inside emacs?

Or to make it use the current path that have been reached through symbolic
links?

Or make emacs line wrap in this buffer?

Thanks!
//Fredrik

PS
(Global is great!)

PSPS
(Sorry about the previous accidental post.)