help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] Re: [gengetopt] More leaks...

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: [help-gengetopt] Re: [gengetopt] More leaks...
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:10:27 +0100

Michael Hagemann wrote:
Hi Lorenzo,

it's me again! :) I found some more (new?) memory leaks (in 13rc3), and you know that I can't sleep with those memory leaks around!

One of the leaks is related to `local_args'. A "_free(local_args)" fixed that. This entails that `local_args.multiple_option_given' is set to 0 after the options are copied.

Furthermore the `valgrind_tests.sh' script was a little outdated. It always produced a help text from valgrind which counted as `OK'. You can run now "valgrind_tests.sh *" and it will only check the executable files (but not itself).

If you do that, you'll find some leaks, which are mostly OK because the program exits with error. There is one (minor) leak related to `multi_token', though, which I didn't fix yet. Maybe you can have a look at it...

There's also an error, because non-initialized variables are read. I didn't check that either. Note however, that this may be related to the optimized compilation. There is a corner case where valgrind issues this error, although the program is correct. I understand that it's faster this way. It warrants checking, however...

Dear Micheal

I guess I removed all the leaks now; you may want to try this fixed version

http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/gengetopt-2.13rc4.tar.gz

I look forward to hearing from you!

thanks again
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |