help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt]patch for gm.c

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt]patch for gm.c
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:11:43 +0100

Scott Haug wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First off, thanks for gengetopt.  Great tool!  I'm using it now for my demo
> apps in the id3lib project.  This will make for a nice cross-platform solution
> that I don't constantly have to tweak.  FYI, I found it at freshmeat when
> searching for parsing libraries.  I started using gengetopt because it
> included
> the source for getopt_long, which isn't available on all the platforms I'd
> like
> id3lib to work on.

I'm glad you liked it :-)

If you send me the url of your project I can put a link in the gengetopt
page.

> Second, it #undef's PACKAGE and VERSION before setting them.  id3lib ships
> with
> several example apps as a part of a single tarball.  The toplevel configure.in
> defines PACAKGE and VERSION to be for the entire library, and I want different
> names (and possibly different version numbers) for the various example apps
> that ship with it.  #undef'ing these macros prevents compiler warnings.  It
> might be best to choose different macro names for these two (GGO_PACKAGE and
> GGO_VERSION?).

... and let them point to PACKAGE and VERSION by default?

> Anyway, thanks for the nice tool.

thank you for the patch :-)

I'll include it in the next release

see you soon
        Lorenzo
|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://w3.newnet.it/bettini     |
|           http://infostud.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini     |
|  Mail Home        : address@hidden     |
|  Mail University  : address@hidden            |