help-flex

How can I use namespaces with the C++ interface ?

From: Timothy Madden
Subject: How can I use namespaces with the C++ interface ?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:42:30 +0300

Hello

How could I use a namespace like yy (the same way bison does) for the generated scanner with the C++ interface ?

I tried to open "namespace yy {" at the %top of the file, and to close it "}" at the bottom, but all the included standard headers in the generated scanner would be included in the namespace yy this way, instead of the expected global namespace.

I had no other idea than to explicitly include the C/C++ standard headers used by the scanner before I open the yy namespaces, at the top of the file, so that when the scanner later includes them, they will each see they have been already included and skip over any included content.

Can namespaces please be added to flex C++ interface ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden