help-flex

confusion on the Flex web page

From: bil
Subject: confusion on the Flex web page
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:42:10 +0000

Hi,
I just downloaded the current source of Flex. However, there seems to be a
problem, in that the web page for Flex: www.gnu.org/software/flex/
tells me to download from a mirror site, but the mirror sites just
contain a brief README.flex file which says I should download it from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/non-gnu.

Has flex been down-graded to non-gnu? Why doesn't the web page
give any info on this, and why point us at the mirrors when we
have to come back to ftp.gnu.org to get it?

Bill
| Bill Purvis, Amateur Mathematician    |
|  email: address@hidden                  |
|  http://bil.members.beeb.net          |