help-flex

Re: Flex doesn't generate pure ANSI C code

From: Hans-Bernhard Broeker
Subject: Re: Flex doesn't generate pure ANSI C code
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 18:06:15 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Michal Poziemski wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've found a solution of my problem.

I wouldn't call it a problem, and thus dispute the need of a solution,
too.  As earlier answers have pointed, flex only ever calls read() (and
#include's <unistd.h>) if *you* spefied a command line option that says it
should do that: -Cr, which is implicitly contained in '-f' and '-F'.

I.e. there's no problem at all: just don't do that if you don't like the
effects.

--
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (address@hidden)