help-flex

first character in input buffer repeated

From: Emilio Arce
Subject: first character in input buffer repeated
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 14:54:21 -0500

Folks,

  I was trying to compile old code with Sun's latest compiler
(Workshop 6 / v 5.3). When doing that I got
the error complaining about istream and std::istream being
ambigious.
I then proceeded to change FlexLexer.h and flex.skl to include
<iostream> and defining FLEX_STD as it was discussed in a
previous email.
This fixed the compilation error....

However, at run time I'm getting something very strange.
when yyin->read(buf, max_size) gets executed (in the .cpp
file generated for my .l file) the buffer read is not correct.
I get the first character repeated twice! (??)
(e.g., input: http://www.foobar.com. yytext becomes hhttp://www.foobar.com)

I run this puppy with purify and I get no memory errors.
I'm cluless. Any ideas?

THanks in advance.

Cheers!

Emilio