help-flex

Re: yy_current_state, stuff

From: Jordan DeLong
Subject: Re: yy_current_state, stuff
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:52:58 +0000

start conditions are a bit different than states.  I want to be able to
interrupt the
scanner in the middle of scanning and be able to resume without problems.  Such
as this:
the scanner has read the letters 'i' and then 'n' while in the INITIAL start
condition, and
then is interrupted, when it comes back to the scanner, in order for it to know
that the
't' char it reads next makes it complete the rule for <INITIAL>"int" it needs
to have the
yy_current_state variable (declared in the yylex func) restored (in addition to
the start
condition vars, etc.)

-Jordan