help-debbugs

Re: debbugs.gnu.org & non-GNU savannah-hosted projects?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: debbugs.gnu.org & non-GNU savannah-hosted projects?
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 22:13:02 GMT

    GNU projects are welcome to use it if they want, but I'm not aware
    of any policy of actively "encouraging all GNU maintainers to use it".

Right.  There's no chance of "all" GNU maintainers doing anything,
anyway.

Jim: can you email gnu-prog-discuss with the basics and suggesting that
anyone interested look into it?  (See web page xxx, it was brought up at
the GHM, would help downstream, etc.)  Then I'll try turn that text into
something for maintain.texi.

For maximum chance of acceptance, using bugs.gnu.org for the hostname
instead of "debbugs" would be helpful, I think.  Glenn, if you agree,
maybe you could write sysadmin to get that started?

Thanks,