help-cpp2html

Re: CPP2HTML

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: CPP2HTML
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 12:18:55 +0100

Doug Wendelboe wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Doug

> Just a short email to say I enjoyed using a copy of your CPP2HTML recently.
> I had purchased a commercial copy of a C++ documenter program recently where
> I work. It was US$300 and a big disapointment. After two days I gave up and
> put it away. With your CPP2HTML I documented the whole program plus a new
> home page in less than an hour.

I'm glad about it :-)

If you send me the address of your project I can put a link in the
cpp2html home page

> I think a program like CPP2HTML, if it had hyper-linking would be excellent
> for on-line documentation of source code. Would it be difficult for me to
> modify your program to generate hyperlinks to program functions and
> procedures? Have you considered extending your program with other options?

Actually this is a feature that many people had requested; a Professor
contacted me telling me that some students of his realized somethink
similar with hyperlink (by using tags produced by ctags). At the moment
he's trying to find some documentation about that project in order to
possibly merge that part in cpp2html.

anyway if you already have some ideas on how to add this feature to
cpp2html, and you think it's easy to add it, please do. If not using
tags I think the only way would be to parse the code (i.e. syntax
analisis instead of simple lexical analisis, like I'm doing now).

please let me know
thanks
see you soon
        Lorenzo

P.S. did you know about the mailing lists for cpp2html
(address@hidden and address@hidden)? If you want I can
subscribe you.

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://w3.newnet.it/bettini     |
|           http://infostud.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini     |
|  Mail Home        : address@hidden     |
|  Mail University  : address@hidden            |