help-cgicc

RE: how to invoke URL from c code

From: Stephen F. Booth
Subject: RE: how to invoke URL from c code
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:32:57 -0500

I assume you want a way to somehow get the contents of any web page into a
memory buffer.  cgicc won't help with this, as it is just a library for
writing CGI applications.  Luckily it isn't too hard to just download a web
page from C- you can do it the hard way, using raw sockets and all that, or
you can use libwww (or some other www library).  Check out
http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/ for some sample code for the w3c libwww,
http://www.w3.org/Library/ .  They show you how to make an HTTP GET request,
and download the headers + data or just the headers, or just the data, etc.

-Stephen