help-cfengine

Re: Need 'UncommentAndSetValue' or some such

From: Christopher Browne
Subject: Re: Need 'UncommentAndSetValue' or some such
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:18:12 GMT

> Thats what m4 is for.

No, no.  We have lots of cases where we'd like to do something
equivalent to "assignment."

Consider Java properties.

com.foo.bar.jdbc.url=pgsql:somehost:5432:user

I'd *love* to have something that would say something like...

  AssignField LHS="com.foo.bar.jdbc.url"
              RHS="pgsql:$(dbhost):$(dbport):$(dbuser)"
              separator="="

Which would keep everything inside cfengine, and let me use cfengine
variables to control what's assigned; no need to think about M4.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/