help-cfengine

Re: Strange error concerning random seed

From: Mark Burgess
Subject: Re: Strange error concerning random seed
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:46:25 +0100

Ralph, I'm not sure why this occurs now and not earlier. It has to do
with the random key generation and is used in all challenge response
sections. It might be that you have upgraded openssl. That is where the
error originates. One solution is to simply start running cfenvd. That
is a good and harmless way to seed the random number generator.

Mark