help-cfengine

Re: Debian package management with cfengine

From: Yaroslav Halchenko
Subject: Re: Debian package management with cfengine
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:11:22 -0500

Nice. Thanx

I'm not trying to don't use debconf at all because I'm afraid it might
leave some packages in unusable state.  I rather copy its
parameters from the server where I run installation manually, ie
providing answers to the questions in interactive mode.
Then in cfengine on the nodes I

copy:
/var/cache/debconf/config.dat    dest=/var/cache/debconf/config.dat.main
mode=400 server=$(etcserver)

editfiles:
{ /etc/debconf.conf
      LocateLineMatching "Config: configdb.*"
      IncrementPointer "2"
      BeginGroupIfNoMatch "Frontend: .*"
      IncrementPointer "-1"
      InsertLine "Frontend: noninteractive"
      EndGroup

      LocateLineMatching ".*/var/cache/debconf/config.dat.*"
      IncrementPointer   "2"

      BeginGroupIfNoMatch "# cfengine2 - 110603.*"
      IncrementPointer "-2"
      InsertLine ""
      InsertLine "# cfengine2 - 110603  yoh@ fallback database from ravana"
      InsertLine "Name: configravana"
      InsertLine "Driver: File"
      InsertLine "Mode: 400"
      InsertLine "Backup: false"
      InsertLine "Required: false"
      InsertLine "Readonly: true"
      InsertLine "Filename: /var/cache/debconf/config.dat.main"

      DefineInGroup "AddedDebconf"
      EndGroup

      LocateLineMatching "Stack: config.*"
      AppendToLineIfNotContains ", configravana"
    }

This way is not perfect but it might reduce required configuration for
many packages.