help-cfengine

Re: companies using cfengine ?

From: Chris Kacoroski
Subject: Re: companies using cfengine ?
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:44:39 -0800

Hi,

I work for the Northshore school district and am using cfengine to manage 1500 Mac workstations and 70 Linux, Mac, and Solaris servers.

cheers,

ski

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 17:18, greg wrote:

Hi there,

As a young unix sysadmin wanting to increase his ability to manage 70 Solaris
servers easily, I'd
like to persuade my boss that cfengine is the best solution for my company. The
first question he
asked me was: "And what known company use your software ? How can I be sure
that this is not a
freaky-shareware-that-will-break-my-servers ?"
So I googled but didn't find anything. Do you have some examples of
business/universities/whatever
that use cfengine in production on hundreds of servers, and where it works ?

Thaks a lot.

         Greg

--
http://www.livretdulibre.org/html-ed2/livret_libre.html